Thursday, March 3, 2011

Holding Vendors (and others) To Their Proper Accountabilities

In negotiations with poorly performing vendors, debtors, and/or employees, remember this thought.  It will come in handy:

"The unfortunate cause of your problems has my empathy, but does not in any way diminish my intolerance for the consequences nor lessen my insistence that the situation be resolved to my fair satisfaction."

If given a window of opportunity, many people will use the excuse, "It's beyond my control" to continue with the status quo.  Nothing that affects you is totally beyond your control.  By definition, if it affects you, you can do something about it.

No comments:

SpaceX Inspirations

SpaceX launched a two-astronaut crew yesterday, on a mission to dock with the International Space Station. It was the first human spaceflig...